However good your marriage is there is always room to make it great. Here is a short 5 question to see how well you get on day-to-day.
1. How do you both handle a disagreement?
1. One or both of us are loud and volatile. We talk over each other, without listening properly.
2. We discuss our differences, acknowledge if they have a point and try to calmly work it out.
3. One or both of us bottles it up and we become slightly passive aggressive as a result.
2. Are you both happy with the amount of sex you have?
1. No, I want more sex than my partner.
2. My partner wants more sex than I do.
3. Yes, we are both happy with the amount we are having.
3. Do you and your partner have a lot of interests and hobbies in common?
1. Yes, we are best of friends and have a lot of similar interests
2. No, we really don’t have that much in common.
3. We have some things in common, but it would be nice to have more.
4. The longer that you are with your partner, do you feel that –
1. Your relationship is growing apart?
2. You are naturally growing and evolving together?
3. Sometimes you grow apart temporarily, but you tend to put in effort in order to grow together again?
5. After being apart for the day when you see each other do you
1. Immediately kiss or hug when you see each other?
2. Mumble ‘Hi’ then get on with other things?
3. Sometimes give a warm welcome and sometimes not depending on your mood?
Add Up Your Score
1. A 2 B 3 C 1
2. A 1 B 2 C 3
3. A 3 B 1 C 2
4. A 1 B 3 C 2
5. A 3 B 1 C 2
If You Scored:
12-15 – You seem to have a good and balanced relationship. Keep working on it as a priority and it will stay that way. When you have disagreements always make sure that you come to an agreement and can easily say sorry and let go. Remember to give to each other at every opportunity. It’s the daily little things that count. Buttering each other’s toast, holding each other’s hands and generally putting each other first. You obviously bring out the best in each other and your relationship is growing and evolving over time. Remember that every moment together is precious.
6-11 – Your relationship probably needs a bit of work to take it from good to great. When you are in a disagreement make sure that you listen to what each other is really saying. Chat about your sexual needs and make sure that you’re both able to come to an agreement on what you both need. Make an effort to go out on dates together and do things that are fun. You can easily make your relationship fantastic again you just need to focus on making it happen.
1-6 – You both need to have a serious chat to see if you really want this relationship to work. If you do, then it is time to really start listening to each other’s needs and to see if you can help fulfill them together. Your relationship will need a lot of effort to make it work. If, on the other hand, you can’t see a way through, then it might be time to part ways so that you both meet someone who you are more suited to. But if you are both really committed, there is always that possibility of a complete turn around. If your relationship was once great, you could potentially make it great again, so long as you are both prepared to put in a huge amount of effort. Good luck.