If you’re reading this, you need to drink more water! Why? Because …
1. Your body is up to 70% water.
2. Every system in your body depends on water.
3. Water flushes toxins out of the organs.
4. Water carries nutrients to the cells.
5. Water provides a moist environment for ear, nose and throat tissues.
When you don’t drink enough water to carry out those functions, dehydration occurs, which can drain your energy and, in the long term, stops your body from functioning properly.
So how much water should you really drink? A common rule of thumb is to drink eight eight-ounce glasses of water a day. Sorry guys caffeine and alcohol do not count toward your daily intake as they are dehydrating. Neither do sports or soft drinks that contain sugar. The true litmus test is your urine: if it is clear, then you know that you are drinking enough! If it’s not, your not! So drink up.